Northwest Ohio Waiver Administration Council (NOWAC)
Who We Are
The Northwest Ohio Waiver Administration Council (NOWAC) is a Council of Governments comprised of seven County Boards of Developmental Disabilities in Northwest Ohio. NOWAC performs a variety of functions on behalf of the participating boards.
What is a Council of Government (COG)?
Council of governments are political subdivisions, in our case the county boards of developmental disabilities, who have entered into an agreement together for the establishment of a regional council and for the purpose of sharing resources. Council of governments are permissible by Ohio Revised Code Chapter 167.
- To serve as an extension of county boards to meet their identified needs.
- To assure quality services for persons with developmental disabilities through cooperation with service providers.
- To offer enhanced expertise to county boards through sharing of resources to achieve greater efficiency.
NOWAC provides the following quaility services:
- Financial Services
- Human Rights Committee and Behavior Supports
- Major Unusual Incident Investigations
- Nursing Services
- Provider Assistance
- Provider Billing
- Provider Compliance Reviews
- Self Advocacy Coordination
- Service and Support Administration
- Trainings (Provider and County Board)
- Waiver Administration
- Van Wert